ERA is a Preferred Partner Reseller for the Mellanox Interconnect Solution
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end Ethernet and InfiniBand interconnect solutions and services for servers, storage, and hyper-converged infrastructure.
Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data centre efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability.
Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, cables, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centres, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. Mellanox provide performance, performance, perfomance and cost effective options for media and broadcast applications.
Media and Entertainment
The broadcast and media market has been evolving to use higher resolution video and this is having a dramatic impact on studio infrastructures particularly around the interconnect.
Moving to Ultra HD, 4K-Full, and even 8K formats-with higher color depths and 3D video-means data streams are an order of magnitudes bigger than before. Animation and CGI (computer generated imagery) require render farms with vast compute power that devour network bandwidth. This has created a major challenge for studios and post-production houses because 1Gb Ethernet, 8Gb Fibre Channel, and10Gb Ethernet interconnects can no longer handle the workload.
A single uncompressed 4K stream with 10-bit color depth at 24 fps requires a full 10Gb/s link. Using 16-bit color depth, stereoscopic video, or higher frame rates requires more, and uncompressed 8K video can require 24Gb/s or 28 Gb/s. Even 16Gb/s Fibre Channel struggles to handle the new high-definition video workflows. Customers are struggling to deliver the needed bandwidth on a reasonable budget without breaking space and power constraints.
The Mellanox® Solution
Mellanox offers an end-to-end interconnect solution that offers high bandwidth, low latency, allow you to scale to multiple streams of Ultra HD video per link and run multiple production flows simultaneously. RDMA (Remote Direct Memory Access) allows even lower latency and higher throughput and is built into multiple storage protocols and file systems, including iSER (iSCSI with RDMA), SMB Direct, IBM GPFS, Quantum StorNext, and Lustre.
Mellanox Virtual Protocol Interconnect® (VPI) switches have the unique ability to support both Ethernet and InfiniBand at 10Gb/s, 40Gb/s, and 56Gb/s data rates per port, along with the ability to mix Ethernet and InfiniBand ports on the same switch. They feature the lowest latency, highest density, and lowest jitter in the industry, ensuring smooth video ingestions, editing, and playback even with uncompressed 4K and 8K video.
You get investment protection with the ability to start at 10Gb/s and upgrade some or all your interconnects to 40Gb/s or 56Gb/s speeds as needed. Aggressive pricing allows you to handle higher resolutions, faster frame rates for sports and action video, and more streams at a lower TCO.
Key Mellanox Advantages
- Up to 56Gb/s on a single port (InfiniBand or Ethernet), easily supports multiple uncompressed 4K video streams or one uncompressed 8K stream.
- Video workflow solution that supports high-resolution video ingestion, editing, rendering, and playback with the best performance at the lowest cost.
- End-to-end solution offering the highest bandwidth, highest density, and lowest power consumption, support for RDMA, lossless Ethernet. Minimises space, power and cooling footprint in constrained studios and data centres.
- Future-proof solution that easily grows to handle multiple uncompressed 4K and 8K streams as needed.
Solutions and Product Briefs
- Mellanox HPC in Media and Entertainment - Mellanox has designed and tested an ultra-scalable post-production architecture that leverages new networking technologies
- Mellanox ConnectX-4 EN : Network Controller - Single/Dual port Ethernet Adapter supporting Multi-Host Technology
- Mellanox ConnectX-4 VPI : Network Controller - Single/Dual port Ethernet Adapter with Virtual Protocol Interconnect and Multi-Host Technology
- Mellanox Ethernet Storage Connectivity Bundle - optimised performance and footprint for storage in datacentres
where media and IT converge
Talk to ERA today and see what we can do together to benefit your business.