Fully Managed Secure Remote Workstation-as-a-service
Demands for the media industry are fast paced and ever changing. Project peaks and troughs together with the requirement of graphics users demanding the flexibility to connect to their high performance machines from any location has resulted in the requirement of a seamless remote workstation solution. A solution that ensures valuable time, infrastructure and resources can be used and accessed to achieve best value from the asset.
ERA provide a fully managed, secure remote workstation-as-a-service - located in secure datacenters, or on your own site with the option to be managed by ERA in either location. The solution can be easily deployed with minimum costs and contracts terms and will allow you the freedom to work from anywhere in the world.
The solution allows you to provision virtual workstations for users, providing them access to the applications and resources they require, anywhere, anytime, from any supported device.
Allowing workstation platforms to be remotely accessed with full graphics performance brings exciting new possibilities to deployments. Capabilities that allow graphics, audio, user input and peripherals to be accessed within a corporate network or while away from the office enhance user productivity and ensure users have access to applications from anywhere.
From a user’s perspective, there is no difference between working with a local computer loaded with software and an endpoint receiving a streamed pixel representation from a central computer.
Access to applications and resources anywhere, anytime, allowing the freedom to work from anywhere in the world.
The secure remote workstation solution enhances ERA’s Infrastructure as a Service offering.
There are numerous benefits for remote workstations:
- Simple and seamless end user experience
- A cost effective shared storage to accommodate secure collaborative workflows
- Allows for rapid project ramping
- The storage is directly connected with high speed links to workstations in the same rack for best performance
- Option for local on premise storage cache device to give simple access to cloud storage
- Fixed cost for connectivity that can be easily increased if required
- Allows you to use your existing license model for your editing, VFX, animation or other graphics tools
- No additional uploads or download charges ensuring there are no surprises with unaccounted bills and costs are kept to a minimum
- High performance links to larger cloud providers for render can be provided on demand
- Enabling users to ingest, backup, index, catalogue, or organize data, then edit, render, manage, transcode and deliver assets from anywhere
- Tailored system provided to fit your specific in-office, countrywide or global operation needs
- Less office heat and noise
Standard editing workstation :
4 or 8 Core workstation
- M10 Graphics 8GB Ram
- 32GB Ram
- 250GB SSD storage
The remote workstation solution provides connectivity to high performance, flexible storage at a cost per TB as needed.
Connection bandwidth is included with each workstation but dedicated internet bandwidth can be supplied as required.
There are no ingress or egress charges applied.
Workstations can be specified with higher or lower than the off-the-shelf specification in line with software requirements on request.
Longer term commitments attract a lower pricing structure.